Tuesday 24 June 2014

My Nail Polish Collection #Bloggers DoItBetter Challenge

I have long been a self confessed nail polish addict and my habit doesn't seem to be getting any better.


The above photo shows what I refer to as my 'core collection' as there are numerous boxes in my closet that contain doubles as well as colours that I rarely use so don't have sitting out.  I even have a box of nail varnishes that I don't even like!

My favourite nail polish brand is evidently Essie and I am slowly building up to owning the entire collection one day so whenever there's a 3 for 2 offer in Boots you can see me at the rack a couple of times a week picking up some new additions.

Being a nail polish addict is very difficult for me though. Being a student midwife there are stretches that can last up to 8 weeks where I'm on placement and can't wear nail polish.  So whenever I'm in on placement within the hospital and I have more than 2 days off in a row I'm painting my nails at the first opportunity.

Other than Essie, my favourite polishes at the moment are the Barry M Gelly polishes.  I have found these to be the most durable polish for my battered hands (my part time job isn't kind to my claws) and I love the massive colour range that's available.  

Something I've been trying to get more into is wearing blues and greens on my nails as I'm big on pinks and reds.

My holy grail of nude polishes may have been discovered in the Essie Spring Collection.


Spin the bottle is a perfect match for my skin tone and it's not got too much brown that it looks muddy.


My favourite polishes from my collection are (left to right) Essie's Spin the Bottle, Lacquered Up, and Truth or Flare; Topshop's Milkshake; Rimmel's Mary Mary Quite Contrary; Barry M Gelly in Pink Punch, and Blueberry; Illamasqua's Rare; and Models Own Magenta Divine.

Hope you like this post and if there's any shades you think I'd like let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they mean so much to me!

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);