Thursday 30 January 2014

Product Review : Revlon Colour Burst Matte Balm

I'd never really gotten into the crayon style lipstick/balm craze as they were always too sheer and glossy for my liking but when I first saw these on blogs a couple of weeks ago I was hooked without even seeing them in the flesh!  I finally managed to get to Boots to buy some of these about a week after they were released. Luckily there was a 3 for 2 promotion on Revlon aswell!

Shade 235 - Mischevious
I'd describe this as an apricot orange shade.  

Shade 210 - Unapologetic
A coral pinky red.

Shade 220 - Showy
I'd describe this as a soft fuschia, it still has that brightness but without the shocking pink.

Unfortunately my photographs don't do the colours of these balms any justice whatsoever...just imagine them that bit brighter.  Even better go swatch them all on your arm and spend 10 minutes trying to decide which ones to get.  It's not as easy as you'd think!

The formulation of these balms is fantastic for being a matte finish.  They glide on so smoothly and your lips feel moisturised all day but without the stickiness...it feels almost as if there isn't even anything on your lips.  I managed to wear these whilst drinking two bottles of juice and eating the dregs of a cake mix (naughty I know) without it going patchy.  There was slight fading of the inside edges but nothing obvious like you would expect.

Overall I'm head over heels in love with these and if they ever get discontinued I'll feel a pain similar to that when I saw the last Harry Potter movie (I still don't think I'm quite over it).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they mean so much to me!

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);