Sunday 2 February 2014

Travel Time

Going to London on Thursday for four days for a friends wedding...so excited!  Thought I'd share with you all the outfits I've planned for the trip as well as my travel essentials - I'm going by train. First class no less too - thanks Daddy!


As the train journey is about 4.5 hours I need plenty to keep me entertained...unlucky for me though uni work has got dibs on that.  I'll be note taking on recognising a sick newborn baby and the risks associated with being born preterm or with a low birth weight.  I'll also be reading up on medical conditions in pregnancy as well as brushing up on my pharmacology knowledge.
All my presentations from lectures will be online along with suggested reading so my laptop will be a necessary companion (I promise I won't spend too much time reading blogs and YouTubing cats...).  Another item I can't live without whenever I'm travelling, whatever the mode of transport, is my knitted wrap.  It's really cosy and goes with every outfit...hopefully I won't fall asleep though.  I'll be taking my ipod even though I have my laptop purely due to the fact that I haven't yet fully updated the itunes on my new laptop with all of my music.  My blog notebook will also be accompanying me in case I come up with a genius idea.  Beauty wise, I'll be trying to keep my makeup minimal (easier said than done) so I'll be lugging along my new Burt's Bees Lip Balm to stop them getting chapped before the big day, and La Roche Posay's Thermal Spring Water mist to keep me perked up and fresh.  My must have item though is the Yves Rocher Cacao and Raspberry hand cream that I received in a recent Glosybox package.  This stuff smells unbelievably good.  Normally I'm not a fan of chocolate scented cream but everytime I smell this I start salivating!

On to the outfits...


There is a large group of us all going to the capital for the festivities and we are all going to a bar near our hotel for drinks with the bride and groom on Thursday evening and I've decided I'm going for a simple yet statement making outfit.  T-shirt - H&M, Shorts - MissGuided, Necklace and Boots - River Island.


I decided to photograph these two outfits together because I'll be wearing the same accessories.  The floral dress (a bargain from Tesco would you believe?!?) will be worn on the Saturday night for our group meal, and the black dress with the flippy hem is my outfit for the wedding itself on the Friday (ASOS).


As would be expected of a weekend trip to London I will be going shopping in the city on the Saturday yipee!  Thought I'd go for a simple all black outfit that I know will be comfy and easy to get changed in and out of. Jeans - Zara, Top - Sonia Rykiel for H&M, Boots - Topshsop.

So thats my whole set of outfits and travel essentials for this trip.  I'm going to vlog the whole time and edit it on my way home so I'll let you all know when it's up on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they mean so much to me!

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);