Monday 12 January 2015

Road to UKBFF #1




If you follow me on Instagram you may already know that I'm into fitness and (trying!) to keep healthy, but over the next few months I'll be taking it to a whole other level by competing in the UKBFF Bikini Fitness Championships.

Bikini is a class of bodybuilding for women and I know what some people will say...'doesn't lifting weights make you bulky?' or 'but you don't want to look like a man'.  However, bikini fitness is the smallest in muscularity of the three classes open to women within the UKBFF, and has more of an emphasis on looking athletic and 'toned' as opposed to having muscle definition with extremely low body fat percentage.  The picture below gives you an idea of the difference between the three classes that women can compete in within the UKBFF.


This clearly shows the difference between not only the muscularity of each class but also the difference in presentation as bikini is very glamorous whereas body fitness and physique are more of the classic bodybuilding poses.

So why do I want to compete?  I have been weight training for 4 to 5 years now without much progression from where I started.  This is just one small reason but the main one being that having a goal to work towards will help me focus and as such push me to increase my strength.  It also seems like really great fun and a way to meet new people who enjoy the same things as myself.

Currently I am 19 weeks out from my competition date and today marks the very first day of my prep.  I have a coach who has competed in the men's physique class and he will be sorting out all of my nutrition for me down to the very last gram of protein.  I'm super excited to be going through this journey and I know it's going to be hard work and I have a feeling there will be tears and doubts along the way, but I have set myself the goal of competing and I will see it through to the end.  I'll be posting monthly updates on here but if you want to follow my journey more closely I have a separate Instagram account here.

You can find out more about the UKBFF here.


Keep up to date with all of my posts by following me on Bloglovin

1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they mean so much to me!

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);