Monday 7 April 2014

#BloggersDoItBetter Challenge - Bloggers Do Spring Better

So this is my first part of the Bloggers Do It Better challenge that I am taking part in (you can read more about it here).  The topic for this post is 'Bloggers Do Spring Better' and we could cover anything whether its beauty, fashion or nails.  I decided to opt for interiors as it's something I feature quite frequently here on ESJ.

I decided to show how I style different rooms for spring using a few of the same pieces in different spaces - also technically have a wee tour of my room in it too :)

In our dining room, I just laid a cream runner on the table with a vase of tulips, an Urban Apothecary candle and this bottle from Sainsburys (in store now).

Our living room is normally accessorised with purple so I've tried to brighten it up with flowers and brightly coloured cushions 

 


I love having arty books on the coffee table.  I bought the dog a few years ago - possibly from Habitat - but there's quite a few places now selling objets d'art like this now. 

Again, I've featured the glass bottle from Sainsburys with some simple candles. 

The flowers on the fireplace hearth were given to my mum from me and my brother for mothers day. 

I bought the coral objets d'art from TK Maxx - they have quite a lot of this style of accessory in a few of the stores I've been in.  The green vase is a vintage one I bought about 5 years ago on eBay.  The glass vase is actually a whisky decanter that I bought from a car boot sale.


My Bedroom!
 I've recently repainted my room (see here for the old look) as I wanted something fresher and more calming than the blue it used to be...can you tell that pink and aqua is my favourite colour combination?

I feel so proud of myself for this vignette - I feel like it could be featured on Pinterest eek! I am absolutely obsessed with my wallpaper and I'm dreading the day when I eventually move out of my childhood home.

 My super comfy bed...can you spot Pascale from Tangled?

The print on the wall is the Holstee manifesto - buy it here 

I bought my desk about 2 years ago from TK Maxx. I used to hate that shop but now I'm in there at least twice a month checking out their new items - the store closest to my home doesn't sell furniture but theres another one about 20 minutes away that does :0 

This table used to be my bedside table until I bought the Expedit unit from Ikea. I bought it in the John Lewis sale about 4 years ago for about £25 - I think it had been reduced from £80 or something crazy!  I popped the same Sainsburys bottle on top and the dog is from - you guessed it - TK Maxx! 

On my desk I have my laptop, my brand new GORGEOUS filofax, a watermelon mint candle which is super springy and refreshing, a photograph of my dog in a frame from Asda, a picture of me and my family that was taken at a wedding last year - the frame is from Wilkinsons, the coral ornament I featured earlier, a jar that I bought ages ago from John Lewis, desk lamp from Ikea, and my money banks (no money in them sadly) and my stationery.

The big pink flower canvas is from Dunelm Mill, the deer pictures were bought from Habitat before it closed down (sad face) and the honeycomb decorations are from Sainsburys (in store now)

I saw this frame in Marks and Spencer last week and I just had to have it - it's so cute!  The body cream is an organic whipped body butter made here in Edinburgh by the Edinburgh Natural Skincare Company and it comtains lavender oil so I love to put it on before bed - a small amount goes a long way so it's lasted me ages.  I got the deer toy from the toy department in Jenners, the jar was bought at a car boot sale and the little dinosaur was brought back from Prague from a friend.

This is my university bookcase - hence the pelvis and skull ha!  The pinboard is a recent addition to fill that empty space on the wall.  I bought the giant fish from Marks and Spencer about 3 years ago I think - it weighs a tonne! The thankyou card is the very first one I received from a patient a few weeks ago so it's taken pride of place in my room :)

 This is the top of my Expedit bedside unit.  The lamp is from Dunelm Mill but the shade is actually broken and I still haven't gotten around to buying a new one!  The tall gold vase is from Marks and Spencer and the smaller gold vase is another car boot sale find.  The book I am currently reading is Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami - he's on of my favourite writers.

Hope you enjoyed seeing how I style my room and home for Spring and maybe it gave you some ideas to perk up your own space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they mean so much to me!

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);