Monday 14 April 2014

First Impressions - April Birchbox

So I received my April Birchbox a few days ago and wanted to give you guys my first thoughts on what I received - I haven't tested anything yet.


The theme for this months box is 'Good Enough To Eat' with inspiration being drawn from markets, the kitchen and the Birchbox teams favourite eateries.



The item I'm most excited about is the Laura Mercier Souffle Body Creme in Ambre Vanille.  On giving this a wee swizz on the back of my hand I could smell it as soon as I started to rub the cream in and it's divine!  It's a warm vanilla scent that is totally appropriate for spring and summer - so excited to give this a proper test.

This month, subscribers were given the choice of which shade of the Color Club nail polish from the Gala's Gems collection they wanted to receive.  I plumped for Gold Struck which is a very pale gold pearlescent polish.  This is a completely new brand to me so we'll see how it goes.

A brand that I have received before in my Birchbox is TheBalm and this month we were treated to the How 'Bout Them Apples Cheek and Lip Cream.  Out of the six shades available I received Pie which is a deep coral.  On swatching it on the back of my hand it appears to blend out well with buildable colour.  I've not tried many cream blushers so I'm looking forward to this one especially as the shade seems to go well with my skin tone.

One product that I won't be able to give a full test of is the Yes To Cucumbers Facial Wipes as I am taking part in a clinical trial for a skin cleansing regime.  I should be able to try them out on my eye makeup however.  These wipes smell really freshly of cucumber which I think would make them great for post gym use or for in the morning to waken and revive.

I was also given a mini Lord & Berry Couture Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil.  This is pretty self explanatory so the proof will be in how it wears.

As it's a food themed box for this month you would expect to get a food item for our lifestyle product.  I was given Propercorn in Fiery Worcester Sauce and Sun-Dried Tomato flavour.  I am a HUGE popcorn fan but I am a staunch fan of Tyrell's Sweet and Salty offering.  I am a bit apprehensive about this flavour since it's savoury but you never know - it might be my new favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they mean so much to me!

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);